Many computer training services have a purpose to help people obtain certification in certain areas to attain job placement or career advancement. There are many different areas of computer training to choose from depending on a person's interests, career goals, and other factors. Areas of computer training could include software, hardware, web design and programming, database management, networking, security, and more.
Before going further into discussing various types of computer education and training, you could decide which level of computer skills that you already possess. There are different levels of computer skills including basic, intermediate, and advanced. Basic computer skills include knowing how to turn on a computer, how to use a mouse and keyboard effectively, and knowing how to shut down the computer correctly.
Intermediate computer skills include knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications, using email and Internet, installing software, installing an operating system, and knowing how to navigate the file system of a computer. Advanced computer skills include programming, correcting software conflicts, and repairing computer hardware.
Different Types of Careers and Certifications:
A Computer Network Administrator often receives an education and knowledge in the area of computer networking and may even become Network + certified. Knowing how to configure, install, and troubleshoot a computer network is a highly marketable, exciting, and challenging skill.
Many people decide to receive education and computer training in the computer repair field. There are several roles in the PC support field including a PC support technician, a personal computer service technician, a bench technician, and a help desk technician. The CompTIA A+ certification is a well-known and highly sought-after certification to obtain in the computer repair field.
Computer training could include training as a Microsoft technician; specific training for a Microsoft technician includes the following software:
- Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
Computer training for other types of computer technicians include:
- Information Security
- Red Hat
- Project Management
Computer training that would help with Cisco certifications include Cisco CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Voice, CCNP, and CCSP. Microsoft certifications can be achieved by receiving computer training for the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
Computer training can be done online via distance learning, on college campuses, through Webinars and taking classroom courses in local training centres. London universities offering computer training courses include:
- In St Pancras (nearest tubes: Russell Square and Goodge St) the Birbeck University of London's Department of Computer Science and Information Systems offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees and skills-based courses.
- The City University London in Islington (nearest tube: Angel) offers a range of degree courses including Computer Systems Engineering, Business Computing Systems and Computer Science with Games Technology.
- The Queen Mary University of London in Mile End (nearest tube: Stepney Green) has a dedicated School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science.
- The Department of Informatics at the King's College London in the Strand (nearest tube: Temple) is a world leading centre of research offering undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees.
- In Islington (nearest tube: Holloway Road) the London Metropolitan University's Faculty of Computing offers five subject areas: Applied Computing, Communications Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics and Multimedia.
You can also use training games to make training fun with reviews in a game show format. The method of how that computer training is delivered could be a combination of these or just one that suits the needs and goals of the person obtaining the training.